What Is The Mailspike Blacklist?
The Mailspike Blacklist is a free IP Blacklist service that identifies and blocks spammers. The Blacklist was created by Mailspike, who also created the Anubisnetworks Email Security Services. The Mailspike Blacklist is globally popular for producing accurate and up to date information. The IP Addresses that make it onto the Blacklist are continuously checked and reevaluated.
How Does The Mailspike Blacklist Work?
The Mailspike Blacklist is a tool that maintains a list of spamming IP Addresses. The service compiles data using two data sets:
- Reputation Data: targets specific characteristics and monitors behavior of IP Addresses that have been sending “direct to MX” emails. The score that is produced determines if the IP Address is being used for sending spam or not.
- Zero-Hour Data (ZBI): Monitors IP Addresses that have been participating in sending spam to other users. The Zero-Hour Data does not consider how long this behavior has taken place.
How Can I Remove Myself From The Mailspike Blacklist?
Users can check the status of their IP Address by clicking here. The Organization allows users to check to see if their IP Address is on the Mailspike Reputation list, the Mailspike Blacklist, the Spamhaus Blacklist, and the Spamcop Blacklist.
If a user’s IP Address appears on the search, the common issues may be:
- The user’s email has been compromised and is being used to perform cyber attacks across the Internet.
- A criminal organization has gained access to a user’s PC or Server and is sending out spam, malware, and phishing attacks across the internet.
The Organization recommends users check their computer security if they end up on the Mailspike Blacklist. It’s important to note that the spam-like behavior of IP Addresses is constantly monitored. If a user’s IP Address gets delisted, but there is persistent spam activity, the IP Address may be listed again.
Users can submit a delist request if their IP Address appears on the Mailspike Blacklist. The delist requests are viewed automatically by the system and may be honored within one hour after the request is received.
The Mailspike Organization welcomes users to contact them with any questions or inquiries.
How do I reduce my risk of getting onto the Mailspike Blacklist?
The best way to avoid getting listed on a blacklist is to engage in proper email practices such as...
- Verify all email addresses before attempting outreach
- Avoid sending unnecessary emails
- Avoid the use of spam words within your email drafts
- Keep your sending volume to a minimum (30-50 a day if your inbox has been warmed up with us for at least 30 days)
Blacklist: An online database that aggregates email addresses and domains that have been reported on multiple occasions to be sending out spam or malicious content to others on a large scale. These blacklists are used as a reference by mail servers in order to determine how safe it is to accept messages coming from unknown domains and addresses.
IP Address: Internet Protocol is a unique address that identifies a device on the internet or a local network. IP is the set of rules governing the format of data sent via the internet or local network.
Warmup Inbox Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.