What Is Bulk Email?
A bulk email is one email sent out to multiple people at once. Marketing teams typically send out bulk emails to their entire subscriber base through automation to provide newsletters, coupons, business updates, or event invitations.
Unlike junk or spam mail, bulk emails are sent out to people who specifically requested to be on a company’s mailing list. Other terms for bulk emailing are mass emails or email blasts, but no matter what you call it, a company must start with a list of opted-in subscribers.
Types of Bulk Email
There are four types of bulk email campaigns:
- Newsletters – messages that keep customers in the loop about what the business is doing. Newsletters are an excellent way to build relationships with customers and nurture leads while developing brand loyalty
- Promotional Emails – bulk emails are an incredible way to inform customers about a sale, send out coupons, or provide exclusive access to a product launch
- Acquisition Emails – messages intended to bring in new leads or bring leads who haven’t converted yet farther down the sales funnel. There can be some crossover between acquisition emails and promotional emails when acquisition emails offer customers a deal to convince them to make a purchase
- Retention Emails – mass emails sent to build brand loyalty and encourage customers to continue purchasing from the company instead of their competitors
Bulk Email Best Practices
Bulk emailing can allow you to reach multiple subscribers at once, but it’s still essential to find ways to personalize your campaigns and keep your messages from appearing like spam. The best things you can do to maximize your bulk email campaigns include:
- Warming up your IP and Inboxbefore sending the desired number of emails in a day
- Using confirmed or double opt-in measures for all subscribers
- Creating engaging posts that your customers will want to read
- Providing your business contact information
- Allowing only reputable companies to use your business
- Using a reputable platform to automate bulk emails
- Using automation to personalize the content to the recipient’s preferences and interests
- Monitoring unopened emails and delivery rate
- Providing a plain-text email version
- Including a visible unsubscribe link
- Using a recognizable sender name and address
- Designing an easy-to-read message that isn’t overwhelming or full of typos
- Cleaning your mailing list regularly
- Using SPFand DKIM signatures
Warmup Inbox Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.